Monday, December 28, 2009

If Only


If hearts were unbreakable,
I would tell you exactly how I feel
You might think I’m a fool for acting this way
But believe it or not, these feelings are definitely real
.

If rejections never hurt,
I think the world would be a much better place
People wouldn’t be afraid to hide their feelings out of fear
They would learn to treasure the ones they hold dear
.

If words didn’t sting,
I would sing a million songs for you
Songs with lyrics filled with what I wanted to express
And hopefully, you would sing them back to me too
.

If only, those two words ring in my mind
The two saddest words in the world
They represent so many regrets of life
If is too strong a word, it is filled with lies
It can cause hearts to flourish with happiness,
It can also cause hearts to break, and die

No comments:

Post a Comment