Monday, April 8, 2013

To sum up tonight,


She sat by the road, with her mind in a whirl
Things didn't seem to be going right,
To others, she was just this tiny, insignificant girl
She felt so small, what happened?
She recalled the times when she was a spark in the darkness, burning bright.

She had kept it to herself,
After all, no one did understand
One day, she had enough, she burst into tears.
She cried for a long time,
Engulfed by all the surrounding fears

No one offered her any help,
Not even a listening ear
Where were all the important things
She used to hold so dear?

A voice whispered softly
"I have carried you thus far,
You are my child.
You don't need an appointment, or money or fame,
Just call the name of your heavenly Father,
And confidently claim my promises,
In Jesus' name.
____________________________________________________________________
I have not written a poem in the longest time EVER, but something struck me tonight. And so it is here for my remembrance's sake. I hope it isn't cringe-worthy, but it's what I have learnt and it comes from the heart. That's what matters, right?

*Taken from my Wordpress. One of the nights where I felt so inadequately small and God reminded me how each and everyone of us is ultimately precious in His sight. 
April 8, 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment