Sunday, October 19, 2014

Standing Still

I love the winter season (that sadly, Singapore does not have). I have been to a couple of countries during their colder months and I have absolutely enjoyed every single second of it. When I was a kid, I saw snow falling in cartoons on the TV and I wanted to be in the middle of all the snow and have fun constructing snowmans and igloos too. I enjoyed my holiday in Korea years ago because it was freezing cold every morning when I stepped out of the hotel. I blew and there were puffs of mist forming in the dry air and I was so thrilled. I ate ice cream and got strange looks from people who walked by me, but I didn't care because it was so amazing that the ice cream had not melted even after 20 minutes. I climbed up on the tour bus and looked out of the window one exceptionally cold morning and there on the window screens were countless little pretty snowflakes that had formed overnight. I was so, so glad and I wanted to run outside and catch them in my hands. But sadly after a while they faded into nothing and I was so disappointed. But then I looked beyond that and I saw the whole ground blanketed by snow. And whenever we walked, the snow would crunch below our feet and freeze my toes through my woolly socks but I didn't mind. Not even until I got frost bite and had difficulty walking. There's something about winter that makes everything seem so much more tranquil, and these scenes do play in my head quite regularly. Am determined to see snow sometime soon, because I think it's really wondrous how the body can be shaking and shivering from the temperature, yet the heart feels nothing but warmth and more warmth.

But for now, back to reality because school starts again tomorrow. Good week ahead guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment