Monday, August 3, 2015

Apart

I don't know how I could miss a group of people this dearly.

Since I didn't have classes at Pulau NTU today, I went to support the girls' at their East Zone Tournament Finals. Stupid shoes failed me halfway through the journey in the rain, but when I reached the court, I was hit by a wave of familiarity. Not long ago I brought the girls to this very same court weekly, and to finally be back (even though this time I was not the one accompanying them) invoked lots of feelings within me. Everything was similar, the match, the shouts of encouragement, even the cheeky students who came along to spectate and support their friends, everything was familiar. Yet it was unfamiliar. I am so proud of this group of girls, they may be young, yet seeing them give their all during every single match warms my heart tremendously. At their age, I wasn't half as motivated as them and to see such passion is something really special to me. This time I did not follow them on the bus back to school. And as I parted ways I felt a tinge of sadness because I don't know when will be the next time I see these kids again. I hope its really soon because being apart from them and not seeing them daily makes me realize how much of a void there is in my heart. And yes something is missing ever since I left the school, makes me really wanna consider returning to something I am already so comfortable with.

Nevertheless, it was really good to be able to see my bunch of kiddos today. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment