Saturday, July 20, 2013

#30daychallenge Day 8

Since today was a really slack day, I shall post something a little less philosophical (if my earlier posts could be categorized as that) and more fun!

#30daychallenge Day 8
10 things that make you feel warm and fuzzy

Here goes the 10 things right off the top of my head!

1. Cuddling with Maomao, my Panda Pillow Pet

2. Staying up late at night, with only the glow from the computer, listening to the occasional car zoom past on the highway beside my house. Other than that, total silence really gives me a comforting feel. 

3. For now, falling asleep listening to classics, old school pop songs, and Chinese emo-nemo but thought-provoking songs, and waking up to them in the middle of the night. 

4. Thinking of all the countries I will travel to in the near future and roughly planning out itineraries really give me cheap thrills and something to look forward to.
5. Chilling with the people I love at random, tiny rustic cafes and eating Carbonara. Fun fact: If I have no idea what to eat at a restaurant, I would probably pick Carbonara because I have a knack for tasty white cream pasta that looks pretty. Or chilling with the people I love practically anywhere, even if its at the hawker center, I really don't mind. 

6. Sleeping the day away especially when it is raining and I can hear the wind howling and the trees swaying right outside my window. I remember a particular day when there was a light drizzle, I peeked out my window and saw baby sparrows being blown about by the wind, yet they flapped their wings twice as hard and managed to roost safely on a tree branch. I don't know why, but that gave me a really fuzzy feeling.

7. This is unhealthy, but recalling the past and feeling a wave of nostalgia rush past me every once in a while. I tend to over-think at night, and somehow reminiscing in the night magnifies that warm, familiar feeling by tens of times. 

8. Being with my grandmother, anywhere, anytime. It doesn't matter if I'm just chilling at her house (where I am most of the time), watching decade-old Pokemon videos with her and helping her prepare the most delicious home-cooked dishes, or outside eating at slightly pricier restaurants, as long as she's there, I feel right at home. 

9. Cuddling in bed with a book and finishing it in one sitting. Absolutely appreciate good books and can never tear my eyes off them if I don't need to. 


10. Watching classic movies. And rather than finding new movies to watch, I always go back to those classics. One case in point: Titanic. Never grows old. And even though those popular movies make me cry every single time, I feel a deep sense of fuzziness every time I watch them. 

Hope you had as much fun reading as I had writing this post! Something more light-hearted (: Posting this in the morning cos my computer died on me last night. Good morning everyone! x.

No comments:

Post a Comment