Saturday, December 14, 2013

Piece Of Winter


I want to eat ice cream while walking down snow-lined pavements in the evening, watching the sun set and never having to worry about the ice cream melting because it won’t
I want to wake up on a chilly winter morning, look out of the window and see the first snowflakes leaving their delicate imprints on the glass.
I want to drive across a bridge spanning the river, watching the waves lap gently against the stone walls, watching people jog along the canals wearing track pants and pullovers instead of singlets and running shorts, because the weather is too cold and freezing.
I want to stop in the middle of some crowded street, watching live band performances on a makeshift stage along with random people I don’t know, halfway across the world, all decked in down-feather jackets and scarves and beanies, forming little puffs of air when they breathe out the cold winter air and bobbing their heads to the pop music altogether.
I want to do the things I did several years ago, and I want to do them in an unfamiliar environment that is not hot, forever-sunny Singapore. Piece of winter, why am I not part of your world right now? ):

Missing Korea too much, too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment