Sunday, January 5, 2014

A new year, A new start

Happy New Year everybody! 

I initially planned to do a reflection of 2013 on New Year's Day itself, but I fell sick, and spent NY's Day sleeping haha. Reflection post will come up sometime during this week, after I gather my thoughts and pen them down. 

Last night was Chosen Gen's Vision Night 2014, and it was a good way to start the year and get priorities back on track for me. In 2014, I strive to make Jesus Lord of my life. Not just in a particular area, but in ALL areas. Admittingly, it is difficult for me to commit all aspects of my life to God, because I am someone who likes to see immediate results according to my own plan. This year, I will take a step back and listen earnestly to what God wants for my life, no matter how challenging it might be. 

I have always been afraid of uncertainty. It's an indescribable fear which I'm sure has troubled countless other people as well. I know that 2014 is going to be an uncertain and unpredictable year, because of current circumstances that I'm facing. However, I also know that 2014 is going to be an unforgettable year because amazing things are going to happen. And because of that, I know that whatever happens, God is in control and He is at work. Turning uncertainty into assurance is more than a scary thing, but with the Father by my side, I will trust that everything turns out fine. 

Dear Jesus, please be Lord of my life this 2014.    

No comments:

Post a Comment