Wednesday, May 15, 2013

#30daychallenge Day 1

Day 1 was the afore-mentioned "Letter to Myself' segment I talked about in the previous post. I wrote a long, rambling letter to future me, but then I decided not to post the full entry because, well, 1) It's super duper long and not organised properly, 2) It contains a lot of nonsense sections which makes sense to me and 3) It has some personal stuff in it as well. Just couldn't help myself and let my crazy brain take over.

I wrote a paragraph about making the most of life, and I think I will post that here because I find it really meaningful, and I'm quite surprised I actually worded it the way I did. So here's to #30daychallenge, Day 1! Completed! Yay!


Letter to 25-Year-Old-Me
14th May 2013
Summer Holidays. AY2012/2013, Semester 2.

Dear Self, 

Write, like how you have always loved to do. Never stop writing, never stop turning to it as an outlet to express whatever feelings inside you. Respect and love the people around you, for they are the ones who matter. Treasure them while they are alive, because you don't want to regret it when they are gone and you start to feel lonely. Travel, when you have the means to fund yourself. Don't hold back, visit all the places you always wanted to visit. Korea, Italy, Taiwan, Thailand, even nearby Malaysia just for the fun of it, and then plan more places to travel. Buy a DSLR, photograph everything and anything like silly camera amateurs, just to experience the satisfaction rushing through your veins. Shoot gorgeous pictures of the sunrise, sunset, farms, plains, mountains, cities, people, pets, flowers, plants, everything. Even those panorama views which you used to dislike, but yet still found intriguing. Especially those breathtaking views from the airplane window, just a little while after takeoff, and shortly before landing in a totally foreign place. Look back at every single photo you have taken, and then appreciate them, over and over again. It will pay off, but most importantly, you will be happy. More than happy. 

Cheers,
20 Year Old Self.   

The actual entry itself is much, much longer so I will spare everyone of having to read all the random thoughts I have penned down. I find the above paragraph really inspiring, and truly, I hope that one day I will be able to do all the things I have stated above. Thank you reader for finding your way here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment